Skip to main content

Grey Sparrow Journal

Issue 30, July 31, 2017
Home
Contents
Biographies
Submissions
Archives
Editors
Contact Us
Publications
Policies
David Petranker - Featured Photographer
 
About this month's featured photographer...

"I have been taking photos from the age of sixteen, using an Asahi Pentax ME.   The first were for the school newspaper.

 

I am now using a Canon 450d.  My main two lens are 70 – 200mm and 16 – 35mm, both L series.

 

I love catching moments in strangers' lives, although I never know what that moment may be  - I have only a moment of intuition with the camera's eye.

 

95% of my shots are edited in the lightroom 2.0 using contrast and tone techniques, basically straight from the camera, the other 5%, I use Photoshop CS3.   The viewer will know the shots that I modify.

 

Favorite camera sayings:

 

- A great photo will speak through silence.


- The camera is a mirror with memory.

 

See more of David's work at RedBubble.


__________________________________________________________________________________________




                                                                          Model Noir


______________________________________________________________________________________________________________




                                                                Heading Towards the Light


______________________________________________________________________________________________________________



                                                                                                                     Sunset [Over Sydney Harbor]


______________________________________________________________________________________________________________




                                          Symbology [from Petranker's Journals]


______________________________________________________________________________________________________________




                                                                              Time Tunnel [from the Museum Station]